It's late, so this post will have to come in volumes. Volume one, shall we begin?
So sports in general have kind of been a new thing for me, even though I was pretty much on every sports team in elementary school (but let's not kid ourselves, that doesn't count). In high school, I chose two sports: power cheerleading and badminton.
.....
Oh is that a laugh I hear from you? Ah yes, Michelle the ditzy, wannabe cheerleader. Well actually, I quit after a year because I couldn't fit in with my team socially. We just had really different interests, AKA I couldn't care less about how you sucked face with this guy and how your new haircut makes your face look fat.
*Disclaimer* Not all cheerleaders are bad. It's me, not you. *Disclaimer*
I will say though that power cheerleading requires an incredibly high level of athleticism. At 95lbs, I was told, I had the choice of being a flyer or base. Trust me, both are ten times harder than what "Bring it On" makes it look. So early in my career in body building (JUST KIDDING), I chose to be a base. I was simply stronger at it, of course with all my mus-cles. But note, that also meant, I was lifting girls who weighed as much as me, if not more.
Anyhow, it has become apparent to me that I'm rambling, BIG TIME. So let's move on with my life, and yours.
Ultimately, I stopped playing all sports by university. I mean, who bothers playing sports when there are CLUBS, AND BARS, AND DRINKS, AND FAKE IDS!
...HEY, I know you must be getting excited about all of this, but keep it in your pants.
Anyhow (RAMBING ONCE AGAIN, I KNOW), rebirth of athletic Michelle was a recent occurrence, AKA 2-3 years ago when I switched my major from being a geeky Biomedical Sciences student to a sexy Kinesiology and Health Science student. That's right, Kine is sexy.
So how does switching a major turn one athletic?
1) PKINs (AKA practicums, AKA that's right, I play sports as part of my degree)
2) New circle of friends: Kine students
3) The fact that these new Kine friends all played sports regularly and were damn good at them
4) I have a retardedly competitive nature which does not allow me to play sports with people unless if I am at least half decent at them as well
5) That we collectively created five million different intramural teams and of course, joined awesome families like York Muay Thai
And boy do I love them for everything.
Their fave sport? Volleyball, WHICH FINALLY BRINGS US TO TODAY, which seriously will have to wait till tomorrow because I am EXHAUSTED.
Sorry for the scattered post. I'm quite certain it reflects my current mental state.
Anyhow, peace out homefries, until tomorrow.



No comments:
Post a Comment