I stared at you long and hard.
It had been so long, but you still bring back so many memories. I'll never forget how you wrapped your arms around me and kept me warm all those chilly nights underneath the stars.
I stepped closer and let my fingers brush you ever so slightly. Before I knew it, you began to caress my skin, but you were cold, not the way I remembered. So much has changed, things just weren't the same. As much as I wanted us to fit again, I just couldn't find comfort in you. I guess, we're just too different now.
There was no easy way to do it, I had made my decision a long time ago and I was sticking to it. So just like ripping off a band-aid, I tossed you into the abyss.
I know one day you'll make someone very happy.
Oh soft, white zip-up hoody, I hope the Salvation Army will treat you well.
No comments:
Post a Comment