Thursday, June 24, 2010
lucky #6
That's right. As of today, I've now had 6 adult teeth extracted in my lifetime. Crazy pants right? I know. It's a miracle that I even have teeth left in my mouth.
The first five were inevitable. Those suckers needed to go in order for my maxilla to retract about 2 inches inward. Yes, that was an exaggeration. But seriously, I had a horse face. That overbite was baaaaddd. Just ask anyone from my childhood.
This 6th sucker, is only the first of 3 wisdom teeth to come out. I only had lucky #18 (the upper right) extracted today because I ran out of insurance coverage. HAHA. The other two can wait for the next fiscal year.
Despite recommendations from several dentists, orthodontists and oral surgeons, the decision to remove my wisdom teeth was a long uphill battle with momma. Like many traditional Chinese parents, they tend to believe "if something isn't broken, don't fix it". Oh mother, it's like you spent $20,000 on my education and expect me to learn nothing. I mean, half of my entire Kinesiology degree preached the significance of preventative medicine.
So as I lay in the dentist chair and inhaled the nitrous oxide, I slowly but surely began to feel the elation in my body. My feet were tingling, my body went heavy, my mind went blank and I just felt relaxed. I haven't smoked a joint in at least 3 years, but that's pretty much how it felt, but better.
It was a matter of minutes, MINUTES, that my oral surgeon finished the extraction. Unfortunately, the laughing gas also wore off in a matter of minutes. And there it was my friends, $250 down the drain. $250 of cold hard cash I will never see again. Or rather, a number that I will not look forward to seeing on my next credit card bill.
Anyhow, enough about my teeth. HOW ABOUT THAT EARTHQUAKE? 1:45PM. A magnitude of 5.5! Also full of crazy pants! Alongside the warning for hail and thunderstorms. Nevermind the TORNADO that touched down in Midland, Ontario! I don't mean to stir up chaos, BUT THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END. Just kidding. More like our Earth is fighting back for us trashing the environment. Sorry Earth, at least I recycle?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment