Sunday, June 27, 2010

"I can't believe you stole my Longest Road"

I have an addictive personality. That is, I have a tendency to easily fall in love something and become so distracted that I can't concentrate on anything else. At one point, this was photography, then it was painting, and Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventures, and Sodoku, and cake decorating, etc. etc. The list could go on and on, trust me.

My addiction for this past week? Catan.


I know, you must think I'm a complete freak. I mean, what is this "Oregon Trail" looking like thing?  Well, pretty much, if Monopoly and Risk had sex on crack and gave birth to a illegitimate child, they would've named it Catan.


It is a game of strategy, wits, luck and deception. As witnessed by last night's 5-hour run, Catan turns long-term couples and best friends into enemies. Oh man this shit is amazing. I literally skipped out on a night of drinking with friends so we could play round after round of this. If you haven't tried this, you need to get on it. And to Maria and my other friends, I'm sorry for not coming out drinking. I'll make it up to you, through a game of Catan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment