First off, this is the biggest belated post in the world. I kept trying to convince myself to post everyday, but the laziness inside of me always won.
ANYHOW. MOVING ON.
It's a weird feeling. To see all your friends growing up. That stage in life where you realize that graduating university really meant very little. When you start to see that no one really knows what they're doing. And that everything they promised in high school was pretty much a lie.
With a few exceptions that is. I mean, there are the few brainers that I know who actually made it down that Golden Path and got accepted into professional school. Or the ones who graduated from Schulich and had jobs secured last year. Damn those bitches and all their success. JK. I mean it. Seriously JK. I'm actually very proud of you all. So glad someone made it in life.
To all the others who understand what I'm talking about, we all go through this weird period of applying for jobs or scrambling to find some reason to live. JK again. Being overly dramatic now.
A good friend of mine said to me earlier this summer, "I used to be worried that I'd go to bed and never wake up. Now I just go to bed, terrified knowing that I wake up a failure." Or something along those lines. Yeah, not getting into medical/dental/law/physio/etc. school really sucks. No one ever tells you how retardedly, unimaginably difficult it is to get accepted. They just keep pushing how amazing it will be one day.
Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to sound like I'm bitching. I'm very grateful to have applied and been accepted to my program. But let's be honest here, in what world did I ever think as a child, "Hey, in order to become a doctor, I must complete an MBA." I mean, I'm very excited to be learning about all the business-shizaz. It's about time I finally did. But for someone who had had their 3-, 5- and 10- year plans made and updated since they were 13, this is slightly out in left field.
The point of is, life really didn't turn out to be what we expected, but we learn to roll with the punches.
A career is just a career. We work to live, not live to work.
Life is composed of experiences, not material items. Money does not define success in life.
I know I have great friends, a wonderful boyfriend, and an amazing family, and that's enough for me.
you go girl!
ReplyDelete